[TowerTalk] Rotator Controllers

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:25:04 EST 2018

All that big rotator stuff is more work than I would do.
However, If I were doing it and had long runs I'd look into using 120V for the long runs, with appropriate transformers at the ends.
I can even imagine using one run to a tower and then relays to distribute it to various rotators.
Overcoming cable drop by increasing gauge gets expensive quickly.
I HAVE used long low voltage runs for other purposes.
In those cases I used a power supply with plenty of headroom and remote sensing.
It worked well and assured proper voltage at the remote device under all operating conditions (of current requirement)
WL