[TowerTalk] Big RAK in HDX589 ?

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 20 17:51:20 EST 2018

  Hi Steve,
I helped a local ham install his M2 Orion a few years ago.  Certainly a brute !  He had problems with the stock mast clamp slipping and we switched to the K7NV mast clamp and no more issues.  The K7NV mast clamp is well designed, I was impressed.    http://www.k7nv.com/proppitch/id35.htm

On my other tower I have the old trusty HY Gain T2X.  It handles only a small tribander and a small WARC band yagi, only about 14 sq ft total.    The T2X is in need of a rebuild, I have ordered the parts and will overhaul it soon.  I can't complain though it is over 20 years old.  Its overdue for retirement hihi
I would get another T2X for this tower too but although the T2X will fit nicely it isn't up to the task for the 40M and 20M yagis planned.
Anyway, the jury is still out on which rotator I will get.  Finding a rotator for my tower has not been a slam dunk.  :-).   I may reconsider the Orion.  Either way I go, I am going to get a Green Heron controller.
73,BobK6UJ