[TowerTalk] COIL 3.22

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Thu Dec 27 23:11:16 EST 2018

Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 16:46:38 -0800
From: Brian Beezley <k6sti at att.net>
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] COIL 3.22

<Just a note that I've moved my coil inductance and Q calculator to a new
<home. You'll find it at the bottom of this page
<http://ham-radio.com/k6sti

<Check the version number in the link. If it's new, click to download.

<COIL 3.22 has a number of improvements. It features an automatic Q
<optimizer, handles coils made of Litz wire, provides an RLC model useful
<for broadband antenna analysis, lets you explore coil properties with
<the mouse wheel, and is even more accurate. See COILS.TXT for updated
<accuracy validation figures. See READ.ME to overcome some Windows quirks.

<Brian

###  Brian,  it would be even  more useful, if it would handle larger diameter  tubing coils.
The biggest it appears to handle is  1-0.    And thats  way smaller than the  .375 inch OD
tubing coils I tend to use..for some applications, like 40m loading coils.     I use  .375 tubing
simply cuz when ends are flattened,  I can punch a .25 hole in each end..and use  .25-20
hardware.    The software should be able to handle at least up to .5 inch OD tubing...
and bigger.    The original coil program from eons ago, easily handled .375 tubing.

Jim   VE7RF