[TowerTalk] Ropes in trees

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Fri Dec 28 23:19:48 EST 2018

I use the pneumatic spud launcher I made,
see it & the PVC spud at the bottom of my
QRZ page. I use 30 pound monofilament and
I use large swivels as for ocean fishing
at the end of the monofilament. There is a
wire loop from the spud to hook it onto as
it is shot over the tree.

The swivel comes off the spud and onto the
eye ring soldered to the end of the wire
(antenna) and then the antenna, with
Dacron rope attached to the egg insulator
at the distal end, is reeled over and
trough the trees to the waiting coax at
the radial plate.

takes about 10 minutes tops to replace the
160M antenna if it comes down.

73,

Gary
KA1J