[TowerTalk] 160 vertical question (Top Hat)

Joe k2xx at swva.net
Sun Feb 4 10:57:44 EST 2018

Yes, to all the suggestions that Rick and others have made.  The top
loaded system models very reliably on Eznec.  The resonant frequency is
not only dependent on radial length but also on the angle they make with
the vertical radiator.  I'm using a 107' top loaded vertical here with
three radial wires, which do double service as guys.  With switchable
L-matches at the base, it works well on both 80 and 160M.

73, Joe
K2XX