[TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 18:46:43 EST 2018

We just bought our place within the last year and a half. We had a very good relater but it took me several times explaining to her I would not have any place where there were HOA's or antenna or tower restriction. She thought  I mean something small. When she saw what I was running in Keizer with an 80 foot tower and Steppir on top, hytower and various other antennas in the back and side yard she began to get the idea. But it still took a bit more work to get the idea of open ground with maybe a hilltop location, no major power lines near my place, etc. It is always a compromise but where we settled is much better than being in the city. And I have the largest tower I've ever owned thanks to some luck and a little money. Still working setting it up but my neighbors actually seam intrigued by my ham radio activity. By now the know I take it seriously seeing me out there working on various things.

There are good relators and those that want to grab the money and run. I know, I've seen them and walked away from some of them. Buying a home was one of the most stressful things I ever went through but each time I sit out there on my John Deere tractor or on my deck I know it was worth it. But it was sure like biting nails to get through the process.

Teach a decent relator what you mean and it can pay off if they do care enough to learn your wishes. Don't put up with one who won't.

I too am someone who should always proof read I know.

Terry

KI7M