[TowerTalk] Digging The Hole

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sat Feb 10 09:19:32 EST 2018

Depending on your soil type and other extant conditions you might easily
be killed.  Just because you haven't had a cave-in digging to your
current stage of progress is not a reliable indicator of your safety as
you proceed. As far as the corners are concerned, they can be squared
off with a manual post hole digger AKA "Idiot Sticks" and or shovel with
you standing on a ladder placed in the hole. A cave-in under these
circumstances would be an inconvenience not a prelude to your funeral.

Alternatively, shore up the hole leaving the corners uncovered. Then you
can access the corners and the bottom of the hole but not be buried by a
cave-in. Don't make dying to get a tower installed a literal fact.

Be safe.

Patrick        NJ5G