[TowerTalk] Digging The Hole

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:24:28 EST 2018

Believe it or not, once the Zoning Administrator decided that my 110' tower
conforms to the town ordinance (a loophole eliminates the height
restriction), the only thing the building department cared about was that I
had a Ufer ground. I guess they had done some reading about tower Ufer
grounds. I had already planned one -- three 50' runs of 1/0 tied to the
rebar cage and bottom section (pier pin), exothermically welded to 8' ground
rods every 16'. The inspector came out to check it just before the pour,
then never came back to inspect the final structure.

73, Dick WC1M