[TowerTalk] Canada geese

Mark N2QT n2qt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 17:23:05 EST 2018

We live near a pond frequented by Canada geese. My 9 circle receive array has
antennas near the pond. The RG6 feedline has been chewed through on three of
these. The feedline is buried with only about 18 in. protruding to allow the connection
to the antenna,  and the exposed section was covered with half inch plastic split loom.
The split loom is abraded and pulled off the feedline when this occurs.  Since this not
where squirrels are out, and the ground hogs appear to still be hibernating I think the
culprit is a goose.  The coax looks more like it is pulled apart than cut.

Has anyone had a similar occurrence?

I’m curious since my countermeasures would vary depending on the critter. (And no
I can’t shoot them, there are too many and they’re protected as migratory birds, even
though they never leave).

Mark. N2QT