[TowerTalk] Al-to-Al

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 15 19:44:10 EST 2018

I asked the question to make sure something was needed for Al-to-Al and it seems it is truly is. Long ago, I was told that Al-to-Al was best dry because galvanic corrosion couldn’t

When I was In CO, I used some stuff called OxGard because it was supplied with an antenna. It seemed to work well there, but CO is very dry. OxGard has a petroleum grease containing graphic and zinc particles. After about 10 y in CO, everything seemed fine and when I took the antennas apart to move to OK, the grease was still greasy. I used it when I reassembled the antennas here. But, I always wondered if the stuff was truly necessary.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith