[TowerTalk] Canada geese

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Thu Feb 15 21:42:50 EST 2018

> Since this not
>> where squirrels are out, and the ground hogs appear to still be hibernating I think the
>> culprit is a goose.  The coax looks more like it is pulled apart than cut.
>>
>> Has anyone had a similar occurrence?

Around here (south central Oklahoma) the gophers are bad about chewing
up direct burial cables. Need to use conduit.  They don't seem to chew
up PVC pipe/conduit. A notable exception is the direct bury phone lines
with which I have never had a problem.

Many folks don't appreciate the gooses bite.  They can bite quite hard
and have a raspy insides to their mouths.  They bite down hard and then
twist their heads.  Pretty vicious.

Patrick