[TowerTalk] Al-to-Al

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:46:48 EST 2018

Some Say Tomatoes Some Say tomottoes  ...
As with most on the list antennas  are in our Blood.
my fist beam a Mosley TA33Jr. came with a  plastic tube of Gray Penetrox   My Stint as an industrial electrician  We use  Dow Noalox  buy the gallons on ALL connection  Bugs , Lugs and switch gear.
My first installation of the then Bencher Sky Hawks ( a three high stack ) during assembly then came with this GOOP called Monkey stuff ??? if my memory still intact.    Over the years of installing and assembling antennas it became painfully obvious  when any of the  products were not used in assembly. !!!
  I just last year  got my hands on an original design  Skyhawk and the elements  came apart  A -OK  but the GOOP !!!!  a red scrubby pad and lots of Lacquer thinner to clean the joint area.
 I assembled it with the  Jet Lube SS-30 Amazon .com

  Again my area is not In a Salt Spray environment   just ice,  snow, wind and rain  !!!

YMMV

Wayne W3EA