[TowerTalk] Spun director

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Feb 17 16:01:17 EST 2018

I had the same problem with the A3 that I used as a temporary antenna at
P40A.  Most of the time it held together for a week in the wind but
definitely tightening too much just crushed the boom. The element clamps
seem OK. I am not sure what aluminum Cushcraft used but I am sure changing
the boom to 6061-T6 would solve the problem or perhaps if the ID is a common
size you can insert it with some smaller 6061 tubing.

John KK9A