[TowerTalk] Hex beam again

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Feb 20 14:28:15 EST 2018

I have the same hex beam K4KIO, we used one at J6M an J3M.   If you need
to share the antenna you can with the right box.  In J3 we would have
probably have been able to get a 2 ele beam like a steppIR on the 3rd
story deck.  The width of the hex did not allow installation there so we
used a fiberglass mast.  The SteppIR cannot be shared at the same time.

There has been lots of talk about how good or bad they are with the
possible interactions.  I compared the Hex to the SteppIR 2 ele and
there is little difference when we were in J6.

W0MU