[TowerTalk] Guy anchors for AB-577

John Langdon jlangdon1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 21 20:50:39 EST 2018

We used to use these for installing small wind turbines (2500 pounds and 8+
meter blades turning at 100+ rpm with significant projected area, see
https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/56500.pdf for details of one
installation). AB Chance has "distributors" who install these things - not
cheap, but they have extensive soil surveys and engineering tables and when
installed to a specified torque they give you a specific anchor strength to
satisfy building permit and wind survival specs. A guyed tower with these
anchors was usually cheaper than the alternative such as Rohn SSV.

73 John N5CQ