[TowerTalk] Multiple Tower Layout Application

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Feb 26 06:37:59 EST 2018

I always lay out my towers on a survey drawing using AutoCAD. You can see
where the anchors fall, measure distance between the house and tower(s)
and it is quite easy to move things around once it is drawn.

John KK9A

To:	Towertalk Reflector
From:	Byron Tatum

 Hello-   Does anyone know of computer applications to assist in the
layout of
multiple guyed towers?   I am wanting to lay out 3 of 45G guyed towers (per
Rohn 130 MPH spec) in the most logical format based on these criteria:1. A
100'
tower for HF antennas.2. A pair of 120' towers for VHF, UHF and SHF.3. A
building housing the hamshack will be located close to center, between the
pair
of 120' towers, in order to reduce feedline (1-5/8") lengths and attempt to
equalize lengths to each tower.4. The 100' tower can be somewhat further away
as feedline (1/2", 7/8") losses will not be as serious.5. The property
available for towers is close to square being 380' per side. I am
attempting to
try and keep as much as possible toward the west property side. This
square is
close to having edges running N-S and E-W.
I have drawn out several plans on graph paper whereby there are
no "interweaving" guy wires. I was hoping to be able to capitalize on having
clear stretches between towers to run dipoles or loops but it is very
difficult
to try and use the minimum of space and accomplish such. I am faced with this
task at a new QTH that I am starting work at and wanted to try and get the
best
possible layout. I plan to put up a metal shop building/hamshack in an
appropriate place between towers. I have been planning for this and have
enough
guy wire insulators/hardware to break up guy wires every 27' to try and
minimize HF interaction.  I would consider "interweaving" the guy wires to be
able to get towers a little closer and minimize feedline runs.Thanks,   Byron
W5FH
_____