[TowerTalk] S21 to Rp & Cp - Equivalent Circuit

Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H ea1ddo at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 12:51:24 EST 2018

Hi Jim,

Great stuff.

I´ll try later on.

By the way, I´ve found a similar formula but I am not sure if it is same results as yours;

http://www.dicks-website.eu/compleximp/enindex.htm#serpar

We have the complex series circuit Z=RS+JXS
RS and XS are the series components.

With the next formulas we can find the values for the parallel components RP en XP.
Rp = (RS²+XS²)/RS

Xp = J(RS²+XS²)/XS

And one more formula;

http://www.w5big.com/AIM_122212.htm

If the equivalent parallel load circuit is needed:

Rparallel=Zmag*Zmag/Rseries

Xparallel=Zmag*Zmag/Xseries

I guess all of them are same, just different ways to reach same point.

Thank you very much

73, Maximo