[TowerTalk] Balun for older Cushcraft 402CD

Richard Thorne rthorne at rthorne.net
Fri Jan 19 07:47:25 EST 2018

Dave,

Go with a a balun designs  ( balundesigns.com ) 1115d with the studs on
top.  Go from the balun studs to the element halves with a length of
wire and ring terminals crimped/soldered.

For mounting the balun to the boom order the BMP1 balun mounting plate.
Nice and easy and clean, no tape needed other than attaching the coax to
the boom.

I just replaced a F12 balun (cal-av labs I believe) on my C31.  This was
the 3rd F12 balun to fail.  They short out for some reason.  JK Antennas
who now builds F12 antennas also uses Balun Design baluns.

Every one of my antennas now uses a 1115d balun and not a single problem.

Rich - N5ZC