[TowerTalk] Wires in trees - QST month

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Wed Jan 24 15:50:04 EST 2018

This month.  Mine arrived today.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-----Original Message-----
From: W1JCW John
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 15:36
To: Steve Boone ; towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wires in trees - QST month

What month is the article in QST?

I've had many dipoles through tree usually for support and they worked well
and I worked lots of Dx.
Never had any arcing or fires.

Looked I had an RF issue last installation 230 OCF over trees at 40' and
when increased power swr was erratic.

Had 450 ladder line, down to 4:1 balun even tried coax at the feed point
with a wound choke same issue.
A good portion of the antenna went over the top of trees.

73-
W1JCW
John