[TowerTalk] Pulling coax through PVC pipe

Dick Blumenstein rcblumen at centurylink.net
Mon Jan 29 10:04:31 EST 2018

One slight mod on Patrick's feedback...

Instead of a rope or stout cable, I would use polyester mule tape (maybe
about 1/2" to 3/4" wide) attached to the end of your old cables, so when
your old cables have been pulled through, you can then attach the end of
that to pull the new cables in, while allowing additional mule tape in
parallel to the new cables to be pulled in, too.  I've read the mule
tape has less chance of melting any turns in the PVC piping.  That's
what I did when I ran my cables.  Also, I left about 2 feet of mule tape
sticking out each end of the tubing when I was done, so that in the
future, I could pull additional cables through the piping if need be
without having to pull out the new cables I just installed.

Dick, K0CAT