[TowerTalk] Pulling coax through PVC pipe

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Jan 30 09:25:38 EST 2018

There should not be any voltage drop issues with remote antenna
relays,using 14ga was overkill +++.

John KK9A

To:	Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g at windstream.net>
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] Pulling coax through PVC pipe
From:	Dave Sublette <k4to.dave at gmail.com>
Reply-to:	k4to at arrl.net
Date:	Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:01:04 -0500

Patrick and all --

Patrick makes a very good point and I am planning to remove both the old
coax and the 14-2 wiring.  To clarify (again) there was never 117VAC on
that 14-2.  I used it because it is a large diameter wire and the run is
250 feet between the control box in the shack and the base of the tower.
There has never been more than 15 VDC on that cable.

I am planning to replace the 14-2 with a multipair control cable.  It will
have several pairs and I can double up if the voltage drop is too much.
This newer cable is smoother and should be easier to pull.

Now I must wait for good weather.

Thanks and 73,

Dave, K4TO