[TowerTalk] RG213 coax source?

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 21:34:23 EST 2018

I suggest DX Engineering for either their DXE-400MAX or RG-213/U.
I like that the DXE400MAX cable has a 19-strand center conductor
whereas most other "RG8-ish" coaxes have only 7 strands. The PE
outer jacket is a plus for UV-resistance and keeping moisture
out.

DXE's prices are OK and, when you $99 or more, ground shipping
is included. When I erected my tower, I realized I would need
close to 500' of "RG8-ish" cable. After looking at alotta cable,
I settled on the DX Engineering's DXE-400MAX. It appears to be the
same as Davis RF's Bury-FLEX™ but, the shipping deal made the
difference.

The Shireen stuff costs a little less but, the center conductor
is solid copper-covered aluminum, and shipping is NOT included.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC