[TowerTalk] Re; Need Help Remembering Something I Read

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Jul 8 15:24:22 EDT 2018

On 7/8/2018 9:23 AM, jimlux wrote:

> 1) do you have a broadband(ish) preamp (perhaps with band select
> filters) and bring coax back to the shack where you digitize it
> 2) Do you put the digitizer out at the antenna, and bring the samples
> back by network?
> 3) What should the digitizer look like? A Superhet or Direct
> Conversion/Low IF front end followed by a low speed high resolution
> sampler? Or a wide open sampler?

Just something else to worry about:

Buried in the boilerplate of contest rules is something to the
effect that "antennas must be connected by wires", whatever
that means.  Can the "wires" be CAT5 network cables?
I guess "bring the samples back by network" excludes a wireless
network (wi-fi, etc.)

Rick N6RK