[TowerTalk] Tower Repair

Jeff Widen k6qcb at verizon.net
Tue Jul 10 03:48:49 EDT 2018

I am new to tower talk and hope someone can give me some advice. I acquired a 55 foot US Tower crankup. It was lowered with two bolts still on one leg. It bent the lower about 4 inches of one leg and the base plate. I am thinking I can cut off the 4 inches, sleeve the tube put on a new piece and weld it up. Does that sound feasible? I will probable have to sell it as my wife is against my putting it up so I would like to get maximum value out of it.

Thanks,
Jeff K6QCB
k6qcb at verizon.net