[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jul 11 19:45:04 EDT 2018

On 7/11/2018 4:34 PM, terry burge wrote:
> But my advice for trying to get 80 and 40 meters to play together in a fan dipole, inverted V, etc. is don't.

First, my primary antennas for 80 and 40 have been a pair of 80/40 fans
at right angles to each other. They are approximately horizontal, the
approximate part being sag in the middle. The two wires are spaced about
14 inches, using short pieces of 1/2-in PVC conduit with holes drilled
in them for the wires to pass through.

60M may not play well in an 80/40 fan.

I've never tried a fan hung as an inverted vee -- I have plenty of
organic supports, and a flat dipole is superior to the inv vee config. I
don't see any reason why an 80/40 fan wouldn't work as an inverted vee.

73, Jim K9YC