[TowerTalk] Mobile Tri-ex 70 tower

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Jul 13 13:56:15 EDT 2018

On 7/13/2018 10:03 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:

> At Visalia DX conference the past few years a 89' US Tower HDX589 (or
> maybe the 106') was in use for the convention station.  The outriggers

> Grant KZ1W

Just to set the record straight:  I happen to have a 106' tower
(HDX5106) and I am also a regular at Visalia.  They used to
use a 106' trailer mounted tower for the convention station.
It definitely wasn't an HDX5106.  It was more like a TX4106
or maybe even a TX3106, where the number after the X denotes
the top section size.  In recent years at the new downtown
location, they have set up smaller trailer towers.  I was
always surprised that they got away with the 106 foot tower
at the old location.  I'm thinking that the city tolerated
it due to the money being brought in to the city.  I don't
remember any Visalia weekend being windy fortunately.

Rick N6RK