[TowerTalk] Mobile Tri-ex 70 tower

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 22:33:08 EDT 2018

On 7/13/18 3:15 PM, Michael Tope wrote:
> Some folks I work with had to place some 225-450 MHz corner reflectors
> on a dry lake bed and anchor them firmly in place. That is when I
> learned about the existence of the Industrial Fabrics Association
> International (IFAI), Tent Rental Division (TRD) Procedural Handbook.
> Chapter 3 addresses anchoring:
>
> http://www.snicc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/TRD17_TentSafe_Handbook.pdf
>
> FWIW, I guy my AB-577 military mast with those 7ft steel T-posts (the
> ones that are typically painted green) that they sell at Tractor Supply.
> They have held up well for a number of years in a windy location with no
> problems in sandy soil and a modest wind load (Spiderbeam antenna). For
> heavier winds loads (like a crank-up tower with bigger antennas), I am
> not sure that I would trust them without doing some real engineering (I
> just winged it with the AB-577 installation).

I love those giant double headed nails - when I was doing rigging, those
were great, because  you drive them down, but you've got something to
attach to to pull them out. (hydraulic jack usually)

We used to use the gang plates and bars - Making them is an exercise in
plasma cutter work with some scrap plate.