[TowerTalk] [re: TowerTalk] 40/30 antennas on same mast

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Jul 16 11:18:44 EDT 2018

To check for interaction, you can model the dipoles as single wires fed in
the middle and let it auto segment. I am guessing 5' apart on the mast
will be fine.

John KK9A

From:	N1BUG <paul at n1bug.com>
Date:	Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:50:48 -0400

Initially, nothing but 40/30 will be on the mast. At a later date I
plan to add some UHF yagis but the booms will be at right angles to
the 40/30. I expect little to no interaction with those.

I will try EZNEC but am limited to 20 segments. Perhaps 10 segments
per dipole will be enough for the case of two separate fed antennas.
If I could even begin to get a sense of future competency I wouldn't
mind buying software.

Paul