[TowerTalk] LDF4-50 heliax

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 13 23:48:36 EDT 2018

I recently found 800' LDF4 and 300' FSJ4 and two spools of #2 solid from
a cell tower contractor changing his business so it pays to check
Craigslist.  In spite of "in stock" advertising I've never found LDF5
anywhere except in ham garages.  So I had to buy AVA5 at $3/ft after
careful shopping.  The import knock offs are cheaper, but I have no
opinion about their quality or longevity.

Tessco is one source for tower stuff I use.

Note how larger diameter full reels can be cheaper than 7/8:
http://www.wiredirect.net/coaxial-cable/  If you can stand working with it.

Grant KZ1W