[TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower - Located Next to Shack - RFI Issues?

Richard Thorne rthorne at rthorne.net
Sun Jun 24 14:08:15 EDT 2018

I have an opportunity to have a crank up tower installed.  A local buddy
has a hycro-vac rig to dig my hole.  The advantages to hydro-vac is an
accurate hole and the dirt is hauled off.

I already have two guyed towers up.  This crank up will be my retirement
tower (ie won't have to climb).  For now it will be a useful 3rd tower
for 6 meters and maybe a decent size 12m/17m antenna.

The best location to put it is about 25' from my steel building
shop/shack.  This location keeps the feed line relatively short and will
allow me to tilt the tower over as intended.

For those of you with a tower near your shack do you have any RFI issues
or noise issues?  If you did were you able to solve them.

This tower will be properly grounded and tied to the shop/shack ground
system.

Thanks in advance.

Rich - N5ZC