[TowerTalk] N connector, Re: UHF (PL259) soldered

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Jun 26 09:25:09 EDT 2018

Standard style N connectors such as Amphenol 082-202 are not difficult to
install and they work well.

John KK9A

To:	towertalk at contesting.com
From:	Jim Brown
Date:	Tue, 26 Jun 2018 00:36:52 -0700

My station is standardized on UHF connectors. When I NEED N-connectors to
mate with equipment, I use a very nice 2-piece connector developed by
Andros Engineering. Unfortunately, their website is SNAFU. Both center and
shield are soldered. It's like a PL259 -- soldered connections are to one
plece and the other piece is the screw-on retainer.

73, Jim K9YC