[TowerTalk] N connector, Re: UHF (PL259) soldered center

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jun 26 13:49:17 EDT 2018

On 6/26/2018 7:31 AM, Michael Clarson wrote:
> The wireless industry is starting to use another connector -- the
> 4.3/10 DIN. Much more robust than the Type N, but unlike the 7/16 DIN, it
> is sized for greater connector density for feed-lines typically used by
> hams. Great. Now I have to get even more interseries adapters!

I don't understand this fixation on the latest and greatest for
components whose differences don't matter for 99.9% of ham operation!
How is this different from the teenagers who have to have the latest and
greatest smart phone, or the guy who has to have the latest model
vehicle in his driveway every year?

73, Jim K9YC