[TowerTalk] need advice on calculating coil Q

Bill Cotter n4lg at qx.net
Fri Mar 2 09:59:06 EST 2018

HP has some good reading for thinking about and measuring Q for
circuit elements.

www.hparchive.com/Boonton/BRC-The-Notebook-04.pdf

www.hparchive.com/Boonton/Boonton-Manual-260A.pdf

www.hparchive.com/Boonton/BRC-The-Notebook-13.pdf

The Q-meter (ie: Boonton 160, 260, TS-617, Heathkit QM-1) is a
seldom used,  but very useful instrument to the ham's workshop.
They are plentiful and usually inexpensive.

http://www.prc68.com/I/Qmeters.html

73 Bill N4LG