[TowerTalk] add a 3rd el to 40-2cd

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 7 00:42:30 EST 2018

You're probably right about coil losses.  Re putting up the Moxon. It
took careful threading of all the aluminum around the mast even with a
boom lift, which is how I got mine on a HDX589 lowered.  The identical
40m Moxon I built with K6KR went on his tower mast with a crane.  The on
the ground footprint is 36' x 48'.

My 10m beams are on different towers.  Since the Moxon tips are near 10m
resonance it could be a problem for a stacked 10m  but the tips are
perpendicular to yagis aimed the same.  I don't recall a feedpoint 10m
resonance but would have to check to be sure.  Maybe in 5 years if there
a 10m band then :(

btw the boom on the scratch built ("120mph") version is 26.7' vs the 22'
of the Cushcraft conversions.

Grant KZ1W