[TowerTalk] Help ID Quad

Jon Pearl - W4ABC jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 8 01:14:13 EST 2018

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure I follow your description but you mention spreaders in a
triangle.  Are you meaning, rather than a tubular spreader arm, you've
got some that are made of three individual Fiberglas pieces that are
webbed together to form a single spreader.

The first thing that came to mind is the architecture of the spreaders
used in the Manitoba Gem Quad.  Here's a pretty good look at some
product literature:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GEM-QUAD-FIBERGLASS-ANTENNA-SPECIFICATIONS-ONLY-RADIO-TRADER-IRELAND/322243556149?hash=item4b07367335:g:iqMAAOSw-kdXwyGJ

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC

On 3/7/2018 5:34 PM, Michael Clarson wrote:
> I ran across an antenna called the Diamond Quad -- no relation to the
> Diamond antennas around today. The fiberglass pieces come in a tube
> over 100" long, some are single spreaders, some are three spreaders in
> a triangle to make them more rigid. While it has never been installed,
> the fiberglass is splintering. I have not located the boom yet. Anyone
> know anything about this antenna? --Mike, WV2ZOW

---