[TowerTalk] Hex beams

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Fri Mar 9 14:53:18 EST 2018

Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    Tnx for your help in helping me find that KIO hex beam for a customer of mine.

    I've installed a couple of them and in each case when I went to install them, the owners raved about them. They were assembled on a picnic table. They got on the air to see if it worked and they worked some DX! On the picnic table!

    So my customer had also assembled his on his picnic table and I told him to get on the air and check it out. We're in the Pacific NW so DX isn't very close but danged if he didn't get on and work England! With the antenna on a picnic table!

    I'm still pretty impressed with these antennas and wanted to share my experience with them.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH