[TowerTalk] Screw in anchors

Tom WA9WSJ wa9wsj at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 22:11:12 EDT 2018

Hi Jeff and Andre,
I got them at a local concrete outfit. I understand that they use extra cement which is brought back from a construction site and they make these out of it instead of just dumping the extra.
I think the ones I got weigh 3150 lbs. The other trick is getting them to your place. I and another guy borrowed a flatbed truck that had a crane on it, which was used to pick up rocks for landscaping. We could only haul two at a time due the ability of the truck. The guy with the backhoe moved them into place. He did the work while I manned the camera! :)
I paid $25.00 each. I think they make two sizes, 2 x 2 x 4 and then the ones I found, 2 x 2 x 6. Certainly the shorter ones would work, but they weren't available when i went to buy them.
73 Tom