[TowerTalk] Skinny QRO coax jumpers for station interconnection

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Mar 15 14:07:35 EDT 2018

Since the subject is QRO jumpers, At 30MHz RG8X is rated at 350 watts
(average) and RG400 is good for 2730 watts (average). The peak power level
is higher so RG8X may still work however RG400 is the clear winner. In
fact it has a higher power rating than RG213. As K3LR mentioned it also
has excellent shielding. I still use a lot of RG8X jumpers in the shack
but any new ones that I make are RG400.

John KK9A

From:	"N2TK, Tony"
Date:	Thu, 15 Mar 2018 08:39:30 -0400

For jumpers in the shack what about RG-8X low loss with foil and braid
shield that Davis RF lists? How does it compare to RG-400? The most power
these jumpers would see is 100W. I use Buryflex from the output of the amps
which are in the basement.
N2TK, Tony