[TowerTalk] Limit switch problem

Michael K Bottles k7im at icloud.com
Thu Mar 15 19:59:05 EDT 2018

Hopefully this will be of some help to someone.
I just spent a week looking for a limit switch problem on a used MA-770MDP I recently acquired.
The tower would crank up, but not down. I took down and checked the limit switch and it seemed to operate properly.
After all sorts of calls and emails with USTower, by chance I discovered it was a bad wire from the switch to the control box.
The tower is old so just as a preventive measure I had ordered new outdoor wire for all the exposed runs.
As soon as the replacement wire arrived I temporarily hooked up the switch to test the voltages and the tower came to life in the down mode and now it motors both up and down just fine, whew!
Visually the old wire looks fine, but I guess it wasn’t.
Lucky that I decided to replace all the outdoor wire. I didn’t suspect the wire.
Sometimes the simple things are the problem.
Cheers
K7IM

Sent from my iPad