[TowerTalk] Fwd: Achor bolts?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 24 17:43:32 EDT 2018

On 3/24/18 11:47 AM, Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk wrote:

>   Well Jim,
>
> With a working force of 10 000 lb and a pull-out force of 15 000 to 28 000 lb gives you a safety margin of 1.5 to 2.8. Would you trust that?
No, but you'd se more than one bolt.

Dynamic loads shouldn't make any difference as long as the bolt is
always under tension (so the nuts don't come off) - I don't think these
loads are high enough for fatigue to be an issue. Interestingly the
pullout force might be higher than the bolt strength.  15,000 lb on 0.2
square inch is 75,000 psi.