[TowerTalk] Why isn't end to end the best method for least interference between two 20 m dipoles?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Mar 27 21:20:30 EDT 2018

On 3/26/2018 10:16 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> We've run two stations simultaneously on 20, 15, and 10 using
> tri-banders that were approximately con-linear with about 200 ft spacing.

Other things that helps reduce crosstalk between stations are 1) a
serious ferrite choke at the feedpoint of each antenna; 2) good quality
coax with very good quality shield, good quality connectors, well
installed. We run good quality RG8/213/11, not for power handling, but
for improved shielding and lower loss. This extends throughout the
station, all the way through switches to the rigs and power amps. And
every connector wrench tight.

73, Jim K9YC