[TowerTalk] XM240 SWR plots

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 13:14:49 EDT 2018

John KK9A stated

    "Excellent point Steve and very well stated.  The Cushcraft is a good
upgrade to an inverted V but it definitely has compromises.  I use OptiBeam
40m beams which have high Q coils and a hairpin coil.  Your relay design is
really the only way to make a shorty 40 efficient and broad banded (I do not
consider the Moxon to be a true shorty 40)."

I use the M2  3 el with linear loaded elements.  It has a 200khz bandwidth
of 1.6:1 at the bottom of CW and 2.2:1 at 7200 khz up at 90ft - about 1.2:1
at 7060.  Excellent gain.  Front to back is not great but I listen to EU
usually on a 1000ft pre-amped directional beverage pair phased that has
about 30dB front to back.

Ed  N1UR