[TowerTalk] Split Loom as an anti-critter device?

Michael Clarson wv2zow at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:51:29 EDT 2018

Scott: I agree with Steve and Jeff. I would use LDF outdoors. Connectors
simpler and I believe cheaper than Superflex. Both the copper and jacket is
thicker. Both have polyethylene jackets which is pretty resistant to
critters. As a bonus, LDF4 is lower loss than Superflex. Critters seem to
love eating PVC jackets, like on RG-213. I have had a lot of Superflex
jumpers fail outdoors, usually from water. Water can get into LDF, but it
is rare and migration down the cable is much slower.  If you already have
the Superflex, that changes what you may want to do. BTW, for those worried
about water migration, check out Trilogy cable, Made in USA too!
http://www.trilogyrf.com/ --Mike, WV2ZOW