[TowerTalk] Lightweight Antenna Wire For Portable Work?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 2 01:12:28 EDT 2018

On 11/1/2018 8:58 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
> Did you look at the Flex Weave wire.  It is pretty strong and lightweight.

I did NOT find it strong -- I bought and used #12 and #14 bare and
insulated to try. Every antenna I built with it was on the ground within
a year.

For lightweight, backpacking antennas, I like insulated #18 or even #22.
They're not strong either, but I'm talking backpacking, hiking, etc.

Enameled copper is great for antennas that need to be hard to see.

73, Jim K9YC