[TowerTalk] Optibeam OBLY14-5

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Nov 15 04:03:55 EST 2018

On 11/14/2018 11:38 PM, David Gilbert wrote:
> If not you're just spreading an unsubstantiated rumor.

Hi Dave,

I know Kurt Andress well enough to know that he does not deal in
unsubstantiated rumors. He is, among other things, a superb Mech Eng'r,
and he runs a first rate biz installing antennas. That puts him in a
position to see a lot of problems.

Things DO change in the world of manufacturing -- ask anyone who has
dealt with a company that changes hands, or that acquires an overly
aggressive bean counter (or purchasing agent who wants to make a good
impression with bosses who don't know any better).

I made my living as an audio systems design consultant, and it was part
of my responsibility to know who was making good stuff, who was
supporting it, and who was not. In my 40 years in that world, I saw all
of the above happen over and over again, as once great companies and
products turned to crap.

73, Jim K9YC