[TowerTalk] Optibeam OBLY14-5

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 15 17:03:50 EST 2018

These guys could machine the 80m beam from billet.

https://www.mmsonline.com/blog/post/aluminum-material-removal-rate-new-world-record
(in 7075)

All it takes is spinning the 63mm carbide cutter at 18,000 rpm driven
with 295 horsepower.  It would take less horsepower in 6061 if you want
to try it :-D.

Grant KZ1W