[TowerTalk] Open heliax connector

Jeff DePolo jd0 at broadsci.com
Sun Nov 18 21:25:53 EST 2018

You'd have to screw up REALLY badly to have an H7PDF connector yield an
open.  I mean, I can't even picture how it could happen.  Are you sure the
open isn't really in the connector that mated to it?

> The connector is an Andrew H7PDF-S (BN690780), and I want to
> take it apart to see why there is no contact with the center conductor,
but
> reading Andrew installation instructions, there appear to be two connector

> types. With one, the rear collar is turned, holding the end side
stationary.
> The second type holds the rear collar steady, and rotates the front piece.
> don't know which method to employ, and I could find no online
> instructions for this particular connector.

Best I know, all of the newer -S connectors for HJ (air dielectric) cables
are now made by Spinner.  If you're looking at the correct documentation, it
should have Spinner's name/logo on it somewhere (as well as Commscope's).
So start by verifying that you have the right documentation.  If you can't
find the right one, let me know and I'll open a new connector box and scan
the installation instructions and email it to you.

					--- Jeff WN3A

---