[TowerTalk] feedpoint choke for inv L

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Nov 19 03:29:07 EST 2018

On 11/18/2018 10:49 PM, David Gilbert wrote:
> I've never understood the value of a feedpoint choke for a typical
> ground mounted vertical antenna,

It prevents the feedline from becoming part of the radial
system/counterpoise, and thus part of the antenna. Without a choke,
there is the potential for RF in the shack, and for noise coupling from
the shack to the antenna. I have no serious observations about either in
the field, but I do use a choke at the feedpoint of my three 160M
verticals. If you roll your own, the cost is modest.

73, Jim K9YC