[TowerTalk] Tower Anchor Bolt source

Richard Thorne rthorne at rthorne.net
Thu Nov 29 19:13:37 EST 2018

Howie,

I just had those exact bolts made at a local steel fabricator (Public
Steel) here in Amarillo.

I had 6 of them made which included 4 nuts for each, they cost $22 each
plus tax.  I had them made 36" long.  They were made to spec per the
HDX-589 documents.  They threaded 6" on each end.

I'll probably tack weld one nut on the end that goes into the concrete,
the other 3 will be used for a leveling nut and two to secure the tower
base.

I'm sure there is a steel fabrication place in Chapel Hill or Raleigh.

Rich - N5ZC