[TowerTalk] Slick New Toy

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Fri Nov 30 12:49:46 EST 2018

By two-port version I think you mean the SDR-Kits VNWA (DG8SAQ); the FA-VA5
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Z7veGV57o) is an entirely different animal by
a different designer (both Germans however).

I have both, the VNWA for a year or two and the FA-VA5 for a couple of months.
I also have an original N2PK, the guy that started these things, a Rig Expert
AA-55 Zoom and just leaving US Customs, an FAA-450 by EU1KY.

I also have a 50KW BC station on 1550 kHz, about 5 miles away. On my inverted-L
they are S9+70dB (~-3dBm) on my calibrated K3/SDR-IQ combo.  I can use any of
these instruments to measure the antenna without issue as long as I avoid
sweeping through the BC band.

Wes  N7WS